Legacy XP 2.0 Beta is 1 week old!
We did an AMA on the /r/smashbros subreddit last week and had a ton of fun doing it. Gaming news site Gamnesia wrote about our release also (that's twice now!). Numerous reaction and analysis videos have made us smile (a lot). We've had people bring LXP to Project M Smash fests and give feedback. We are all so thrilled to see the excitement around LXP.
Thank you also to YouTube user NewAge Soldier for making a helpful setup tutorial. If any of you had troubles setting it up, check out his video below.
Legacy TE Open Dev begins
Today, we're starting open development. This means that we'll be working on it publicly, piece by piece, and releasing it to the community as we go. This means you'll have a chance to give feedback and shape each element, so by the time TE is ready to launch, the end product will already be polished and ready to be used at tournaments.
- Start Alts must have identical collision data to the base stage
- Start Alts must have the identical 3.6 camera used on the base stage
- Start Alts cannot lag or drop frames on Wii
- Start Alts must not be too distracting or misleading in design
- Start Alts must stick to a similar theme/franchise as the base stage
We have a very particular philosophy on character costumes as well, but that's for another blog post. For now, enjoy Pink Boxer Donkey Kong, another mod we released today for TE.
Until next time, Smash fans!